[Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs (was: [Review] Phoenix V3: mini-review starts February 19th)

Subject: [Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs (was: [Review] Phoenix V3: mini-review starts February 19th)
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-03 07:24:47

(cc'ing boost-docs)

On 2/3/2011 10:23 AM, Cromwell Enage wrote:
>> I have read the docs for boost::result_of but I do not see
>> anything there about the PolymorphicFunctionObject concept
>> there. Where in the Boost documentation is the explanation
>> for this concept ?
>
> I remember reading about this concept here:
>
> <http://www.boost.org/libs/fusion/doc/html/fusion/functional/concepts/poly.html>

Yeah, Proto defines a similar concept. It highlights the need to have
one place where the Boost-wide concepts are defined, and an easy way to
link to them.

Arguably, the proper place for the definition of
PolymorphicFunctionObject is in Boost.Result_of's docs. But if we do
that, we have to accept the fact that when building the pdf doc of, say,
Fusion, the links to the concept will be broken. Kinda sucky.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing