Re: [Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-03 19:26:20

On 2/3/2011 1:39 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 3 February 2011 16:52, Edward Diener<eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Agreed. Even more so it argues a common format to define a concept as part
>> of documentation. I have seen concepts mentioned in documentation for many
>> Boost libraries but I never knew how to document a concept for what I myself
>> may be working on. Does Boost specify a preferred common format for
>> documenting a concept anywhere ?
>
> If you look in 'tools/boostbook/xsl/caramel' you'll find some xsl
> stylesheets for generating concept documentation. I've never looked
> into using them. I don't think there's a documented common format, but
> there might be some conventions in existing libraries.
>
>>> Arguably, the proper place for the definition of
>>> PolymorphicFunctionObject is in Boost.Result_of's docs. But if we do
>>> that, we have to accept the fact that when building the pdf doc of, say,
>>> Fusion, the links to the concept will be broken. Kinda sucky.
>>
>> Can not PDF docs have links to HTML urls ? To other PDFs ?
>
> If you correctly set '<format>pdf:<xsl:param>boost.url.prefix' in your
> Jamfile, relative urls should be converted to links to the site.

Thanks for the information.

I have asked this before but no one answered, so I will try again. Is
there any documentation on the use of 'pdf' when generating
documentation. I looked in Boost Build but I could not find anything (
but then again I can almost never find anything in the Boost Build
documentation when I am looking for something, not that this ever seems
to bother anybody else ).