Re: [Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-05 19:05:25

On 2/5/2011 11:38 AM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 2/5/2011 7:50 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>>
>> Is this actually building as it should ?
>
> It looks like it.
>
>> When I open the 'index.html' in
>> the 'tools/build/v2/doc/html' directory I can not find anything about
>> specific pdf formats in the Boost.Build V2 User Manual,
>
> What exactly do you mean by that? Are you looking for
> options for controlling pdf output? Something else?
>
> Something along the lines of
> "xsl:param is relevant. See the BoostBook and Docbook
> documentation for information about valid options."
> would be reasonable.
>
>> but I do find
>> the information you added under documentation tools. When I read the
>> information there for boostbook it mentions the 'format' option. But
>> where do I find out about the option values for the various types of
>> option names listed there ?
>>

> Again, I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
> I suppose I could add a brief description
> saying
>
> onehtml: The output will be a single html page.
> etc.

No, that is fine. I now understand that:

format<pdf>:something

are conditional options for when the format is set to pdf. I guess I am
then asking where is the information for all of the <xsl:param> options
? Is this in the Docbook documentation. Because quite a number of
options I see are of the form:

<format>pdf:<xsl:param>someoption ( or <format>html:<xsl:param>someoption )

but without understanding what those various xsl:param options are
I can not understand what is being applied when a format is being used.