Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Can a section have different titel in TOC than in the section ?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Can a section have different titel in TOC than in the section ?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-25 19:22:58

On 2/25/2011 8:26 AM, Bo Jensen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Edward Diener<eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 2/25/2011 4:32 AM, Bo Jensen wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a section for each function in my documentation, all functions
>>> show up in the TOC as a long list. But I would like to add a short
>>> description to each function in the TOC, but the titel in the section
>>> should just be the plain name. Is this possible ?
>>
>> [section:somesec_id Plaion Name]
>> [endsect]
>>
>> Does not this work for you ?
>
> It might just be me who is a bit stupid, but the above code will give
> "Plaion Name" as titel in both TOC and in section header and put a
> reference named "somesec_id" on this section, right ? But that's not
> what I want, the TOC titel and section header titel should be slightly
> different. I guess it's not possible.

I have never tried to do that so I do not know if it is possible or not.
Although what you are trying to do seems totally valid to me I guess I
am wondering why you would choose a different title for your TOC and
your section. Why not just change your section title for each function
to the shorter name you want to see in the TOC ? Also why not use
doxygen to document your functions and let quickbook do your reference
section for you from the doxygen output ?