Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Processing names with more than one underscore ( _ )

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Processing names with more than one underscore ( _ )
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-26 15:18:21

On 18 February 2011 02:32, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> As Eric noted, it shouldn't be a new dialect, but instead a strict
> subset of the original.

I agreed to that ('An error or warning would be fine, if that's
desired'), perhaps wasn't clear enough.

> Consider a switch such as, say, "strict-syntax"
> which disables some of the quirky features. Such a strict-syntax can
> not have any new features and can only disable some of the old.

That wouldn't really work for Paul's suggestion. It could disable
indented code blocks, but it wouldn't allow for using indenting to
structure the code.

>> I'm not opposed changing quickbook syntax in a new version. And if
>> people are really desperate for change, I can push some of the 1.6
>> things that aren't ready to 1.7.
>
> Do you have a list of new syntax additions and changes in 1.6 and 1.7 ?

It's mostly semantic changes. You can see the changes so far at:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/doc-tools-docs/tools/quickbook/doc/change_log.qbk

I'm going to ask for an informal review before finalising 1.6, so
nothing is fixed.

The big change is reworking the id system, and I want to do that in
one release so that users only have to update their links twice.
Explicit ids won't change (apart from ones that come out incorrectly
due to a bug in 'include'). I've got a few more things I want to do.

Daniel