Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Processing names with more than one underscore ( _ )

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Processing names with more than one underscore ( _ )
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-18 02:32:27

On 2/18/2011 4:18 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 17 February 2011 18:38, Paul A. Bristow<pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd definitely support a switch for disabling it.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> And I'd also like to be able to disable the 'indent-means-a-code-box'
>> feature.
>
> Sigh, there must be a serious communication failure on my part as I
> think people are misunderstanding me. What I'm opposed to is adding
> new switches that cause the number of dialects to rise exponentially.
> No one has really addressed this point.

As Eric noted, it shouldn't be a new dialect, but instead a strict
subset of the original. Consider a switch such as, say, "strict-syntax"
which disables some of the quirky features. Such a strict-syntax can
not have any new features and can only disable some of the old.

> I'm not opposed changing quickbook syntax in a new version. And if
> people are really desperate for change, I can push some of the 1.6
> things that aren't ready to 1.7.

Do you have a list of new syntax additions and changes in 1.6 and 1.7 ?

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com