Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook - Snippet markup

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook - Snippet markup
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-12 18:10:06

On 12 March 2011 16:27, er <er.ci.2020_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> That's not so great when templates are involved. I'd like to declare &
> define all at once, but document only the former, if possible.

Well, quickbook's snippet feature isn't really intended for
documenting apis, so it'll never work that well. But it shouldn't be
too hard to implement what you want. Something like:

//[foo
struct Foo{

   Foo()//=;
//<-
       : x( 10 )
   {}
//->

//<-
   int x;
//->
};
//]

Where the contents of a '//=' or a '/*=' comment get displayed inline
and syntax highlighted. I'm not sure I like this, but I don't think
it'd be harmful. Anyone have any objections or better ideas?

In case you're wondering, the syntax was inspired by the php short
tags which have a similar function. Not sure if that fits or not. I'm
not attached to it.

Daniel