Re: [Boost-docs] Doxygen /tparam tag not working?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Doxygen /tparam tag not working?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-31 16:16:49

You are right that it doesn't make it through to the C++ Reference.

I hadn't noticed because I was working on the Doxygen standalone html
'display'
(before I realised that I knew too little about Boost.Pool).

But the \tparam tag in pool.hpp *does* show in the Doxygen output - see
snip.

This comes from:

/*!
  \brief A fast memory allocator that guarantees proper alignment of all
allocated chunks.
  \details Whenever an object of type pool needs memory from the system,
  it will request it from its UserAllocator template parameter.
  The amount requested is determined using a doubling algorithm;
  that is, each time more system memory is allocated,
  the amount of system memory requested is doubled.

  Users may control the doubling algorithm by using the following foobar
extensions:

  Users may pass an additional constructor parameter to pool.
  This parameter is of type size_type,
  and is the number of chunks to request from the system
  the first time that object needs to allocate system memory.
  The default is 32. This parameter may not be 0.

  Users may also pass an optional third parameter to pool's
  constructor. This parameter is of type size_type,
  and sets a maximum size for allocated chunks. When this
  parameter takes the default value of 0, then there is no upper
  limit on chunk size.

  Finally, if the doubling algorithm results in no memory
  being allocated, the pool will backtrack just once, halving
  the chunk size and trying again.

  \tparam UserAllocator type - the method that the Pool will use to allocate
memory from the system.

*/
template <typename UserAllocator>
class pool: protected simple_segregated_storage < typename
UserAllocator::size_type >
{

But Steven clearly has a fix.

(BTW I found Doxygen very picky about where the class and template comment
can go, and using \class doesn't do what I had hoped either).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK