Re: [Boost-docs] Getting a draft watermark

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Getting a draft watermark
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-17 14:59:32

That good advice was also given by Daniel James, and I've been using IE9's Dev Tool, but it didn't
reveal to me why it *seemed* that the "background : white" over-powered "background-image:
draft.png".

I'll try the Opera DOM Inspector.

> 2. Or add "!important" to the declaration to hopefully override a subsequent style.

> And to answer the general question.. "background-image" doesn't override "background". When one
> specifies "background" it splits that into the individual CSS properties. So when you use
"background-
> image" you should get an image over a white background, and if the image is alpha you'll see that
white.

So if the "background-image: draft.png" comes after, it should still take effect?

I suspect it may be the order of .css that is confusing me.

<head>
<link href="../checks_doxygen.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>

The 'background : white' is in this custom doxygen.css and the
background-image: draft.png is in the Doxygen_header.html, thus

    <!-- Add draft background here if, for example, not yet accepted or otherwise not finalised. -->

So would you not expect the image to take effect?

(It may be complicated by the way Doxygen uses the custom heater and footer around the other main
contents files?)

I'll start with afresh and see if I can resolve my confusion. (Not assisted by being a novice with
html/css!).

Thanks

Paul