Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook][phoenix] Can't build Phoenix as a PDF.

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook][phoenix] Can't build Phoenix as a PDF.
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-23 15:37:06

>> Another thing that came up when testing the latest auto-index code:
>> there's
>> what appears to be a bug in the stylesheets that causes messages of the
>> kind:
>>
>> Request for title of element with no title: link
>> Request for title of element with no title: link
>>
>> If I link to a bridgehead which contains a <link> (or any other XML
>> element
>> for that matter).
>
> This error was the reason I didn't used a separate anchor for the
> quickbook id rather than just putting the id on the bridgehead itself.
> It also sometimes causes docbook to create odd 'title' attributes on
> html links.

Ah :(

> You seem to be linking to the '-header' id - that's just added to stop
> the docbook stylesheets from automatically generating an id (so that
> there are less changes when the generated documentation is checked
> into subversion). Is it autoindex picking it up? Is there any way to
> prevent that from happening?

Yes it's AutoIndex: it links to the nearest enclosing block with an ID. I
could exclude bridgeheads completely I guess - so that the link went to the
enclosing section instead - but I don't *think* I could easily get to the
Quickbook generated anchor before the bridgehead (the docs might not come
from Quickbook after all). Another alternative would be to insert link
targets all over the place whenever an index term is found - but that's a
big change that may bring all kinds of other interesting problems!

Will investigate some more.

Cheers, John.

PS Have you ever had any success in reporting Docbook XSL bugs and getting
them fixed?