Re: [Boost-docs] HTML version of documentation - Store using SVN or leave users to build

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] HTML version of documentation - Store using SVN or leave users to build
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-09 10:00:51

On Thursday, 8 September 2011, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Thu Sep 08 2011, Daniel James <dnljms-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> It's more than tiny.  It's enough of a barrier that I generally won't
> >> try to read the thing in the zipfile unless I really have to.
> >
> > Sigh, this is what was described as a hassle for the reader:
> >
> >> Can't you just upload them to a web server and include them in the
> >> zipfile? I think sourceforge, github and bitbucket all have free
> >> static hosting for open source projects. You could ask to be added to
> >> the boost-sandbox sourceforge project, although github and bitbucket
> >> look easier to setup. For sourceforge you need to set up ssh keys and
> >> rsync, which is a bit of a pain.
>
> Sorry, Daniel, I don't think I understand what you're trying to say.
> Why sigh?

I said that the documentation should be uploaded to a web server as
well as included in the zip file, and I'm receiving responses saying
it's too much hassle to view it from a zip file. I know my emails
aren't always that clear and that there was a Chinese whispers aspect
to it but it's still exasperating.

I only mentioned that it should be included in the zip file because
every time I say the documentation should be uploaded to a server,
someone complains that they won't be able to view it offline.