[Boost-docs] Getting write access to boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net

Subject: [Boost-docs] Getting write access to boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-09 17:15:34

I'm trying to post a package of docs on boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net, so I can create a link to
index.html.

 I've tried to follow the instructions
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/TortoiseCVS%20

instructions, after generating a SSH key

  Make sure that the 'SSH cvs server' field in the 'Tools' tab of the TortoiseCVS preferences is set
to 'cvs'. Done.

"The following settings should be configured to use TortoiseCVS with SSH authentication:

    Protocol: Secure Shell (:ext:)
    OK

    Server: PROJECTNAME.cvs.sourceforge.net

   entered "boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net"
    Repository folder: /cvsroot/PROJECTNAME (PROJECTNAME is your project's UNIX name. NOTE: all
letters will be lowercase)

      entered "/cvsroot/ boost-sandbox"

    User name: Enter your SourceForge.net username (the same one you use to login to the
SourceForge.net website).

    pbristow - as used to login

    Module: Enter the name of the module you wish to work with.

  ???? What do I put here for name of module?

  (I tried the Fetch but it crashed - with an alarming breaking of glass ;-)

"In c:\users\pual\appdata\local\temp:

"c:\program files\cvsnt\cvs.exe -q-Q co -c

CVSroot= :ext:pbristow_at_boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge:/cvsroot/boost-sandbox

cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server

See messages above!"

(And also what folder should I use? My first stab was to create a new folder called
I:/boost-sandbox-sf

(I already have an i:/boost-sandbox.

  Should this better be I:/Sourceforge/ so I will get

   I:/Sourceforge/boost-sandbox/ ...

 Suggestions most welcome in dealing with this black art!

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK