Re: [Boost-docs] Getting write access to boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Getting write access to boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-09 19:06:52

On 9 September 2011 18:15, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm trying to post a package of docs on boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net, so I can create a link to
> index.html.
>
>  I've tried to follow the instructions
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/TortoiseCVS%20
>
> instructions, after generating a SSH key

Fortunately, you don't need to use CVS, that's for the code
repository. The site is accessed with rsync, ssh and sftp. If your
keys are setup correctly rsync is probably the best thing to use for
uploading to the site. I'm not sure what's that best way to run rsync
on windows though, maybe just through cygwin?

The rsync command to upload library 'foo' is:

rsync -avz --delete-after \
    $root/boost-trunk/libs/foo/ \
    pbristow,boost-sandbox_at_[hidden]:htdocs/libs/foo/

The trailing slashes are just to escape newlines, you should be able
to do it in one line. And leave out '--delete-after' until you get it
working, so you don't accidentally delete anything. And be careful to
use trailing slashes in the paths, rsync is a fussy about that.

If that doesn't work, I can build and upload the documentation if you
point me to the source. Then we can try to get it working for you.