Re: [Boost-docs] Sphinx integration

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Sphinx integration
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-05 14:18:43

on Wed Oct 05 2011, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz-AT-loskot.net> wrote:

> On 05/10/11 00:13, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>> on Tue Oct 04 2011, Mateusz Loskot<mateusz-AT-loskot.net> wrote:
>
>>> On 02/10/11 23:03, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> OK. IMO you should think about literate programming as well in this
>> design space.
>
> Do you mean to start thinking about where are the gaps of missing
> features in current Boost documentation tools? What tools should be
> patched with the features I discuss here as missing?
> BoostBook or QuickBook...or new tool(s)?

Nothing in particular. [Google literate programming in case you didn't
know that's a thing]. LitRe is a literate programming tool. It makes a
huge difference in catching incorrect example code.

>>> I'm willing to help with this. Can we make a list of questions
>>> ("the kind of things") do we want to answer with the survey?
>
> Would you have anything to add here? Or, irrelevant?

When I said "survey" I meant it as a verb, i.e. not so much a survey
with questions as taking a look through the documentation in the source
tree and figuring out which features are in use. On the other hand,
maybe love for QuickBook is strong enough around here that we're stuck
with it, in which case we shouldn't waste time on that and should be
looking for ways to replace other parts of the toolchain.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing