Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-15 19:32:39

On 10/15/2011 2:25 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 10/15/2011 12:11 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>> I'm revisiting some of my languishing libraries that where meant to be
>> submitted for Boost. And I'm adding documentation.. Which given the
>> nature of one of them I'm going with the route of inserting much of the
>> documentation into the code headers, ala Doxygen but using the QUickbook
>> import facility. But...
>>
>> I can't seem to get the following to actually do anything:
>>
>> ====predef.qbk====
>> [article Predef ...]
>> [section Reference]
>> [import boost/predef/version_number.h]
>> [endsect]
>> ====
>>
>> ====boost/predef/version_number.h====
>> /* Copyright... */
>>
>> #ifndef BOOST_PREDEF_VERSION_NUMBER_H
>> #define BOOST_PREDEF_VERSION_NUMBER_H
>>
>> /*`
>> [heading BOOST_VERSION_NUMBER macro]
>>
>> Blah, blah:
>>
>> * One
>> * Two
>>
>> */
>> #define BOOST_VERSION_MACRO(a,b,c)
>>
>> #endif
>> ====
>>
>> There's no errors reported. And the import special comment Quickbook
>> part doesn't show up in any of the output. Am I doing something silly?
>> Or did this never work? Or is it no longer working?
>>

> You're not using it quite correctly. Add
>
> //[version_number
>
> //]
>
> around the code you want to include and in the
> quickbook file put [version_number] where you
> want it to be expanded.

Are you saying this only works while inside a code-snippet? We can't do
straight out inclusion of quickbook. I ask because the reason I'm going
this route is that I don't want to care ahead of time what the files I'm
importing actually have in them (because there are many of them and I
plan on doing some quickbook changes to let me regex import stuff).

So if the answer is, "it only works with code-snippets", I might have to
do more quickbook changes :-(

Rene.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything