[Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?

Subject: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-16 09:41:29

On Saturday, 15 October 2011, Rene Rivera wrote:

> Are you saying this only works while inside a code-snippet? We can't do
> straight out inclusion of quickbook.

I assume you mean inclusion of source files. This is a planned feature for
1.6, probably by using the include tag. This is already implemented on the
quickbook-dev branch, there's a test at:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/quickbook-dev/tools/quickbook/test/include/code-include.quickbook

This isn't documented yet, and might change depending on feedback. I haven't
really discussed the import/include overhaul yet. It's only activated if you
use the 'quickbook 1.6' version switch.

> I ask because the reason I'm going this route is that I don't want to care
> ahead of time what the files I'm importing actually have in them (because
> there are many of them and I plan on doing some quickbook changes to let me
> regex import stuff).

I'm not sure what you mean there, do you mean use regular expressions for
syntax highlighting? I've got quite a lot of incoming changes that I'm going
to add to trunk after release, so please don't jump in and do anything too
radical. I haven't got many changes for the syntax highlighter though - just
an iterator change, and a change to avoid creating ternary search trees
every time it's called (which is really expensive).