Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-16 16:38:02

On Sunday, 16 October 2011, Rene Rivera wrote:

> Right. I'm trying to have "[import ..]" work as easy as Doxygen does, but
> for quickbook. As documenting the library I'm working on would otherwise be
> a serious PITA. And I'd rather avoid using Doxygen for it as it's much
> easier to deal with quickbook directly. Ultimately I want to be able to:
>
> ===
> [import boost/predef/*.h]
> [import boost/predef/*/*.h]
> [import boost/predef/*/*/*.h]
> ===
>
> And have all the documentation that's embedded in those source files
> injected into the quickbook stream. Without me having to maintain what the
> files are, or what they contain.

So you don't want to include the whole headers, just the documentation
embedded in them? This feels like a bit of an odd thing to do in quickbook
itself, I'd probably write a script to extract the documentation first and
then include the extracted documentation from quickbook.

I suppose you could use special comments to strip out the parts you don't
want to appear, but I expect it'd get messy.