Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-16 15:59:36

On 10/16/2011 9:21 AM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 10/16/2011 06:16 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> on Sun Oct 16 2011, Daniel James<dnljms-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Saturday, 15 October 2011, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>>

>>> Are you saying this only works while inside a code-snippet? We
>>> can't do straight out inclusion of quickbook.
>>>

>>> I assume you mean inclusion of source files.
>>
>> I think you may be misunderstanding. IIUC, Rene wants to compose
>> quickbook "code" by inclusion much as we do with #include in the C/C++
>> preprocessor.
>>

> I don't think so. We can already do that
> with [include xxx.qbk]. His example uses
> a C++ header, not quickbook.

Right. I'm trying to have "[import ..]" work as easy as Doxygen does,
but for quickbook. As documenting the library I'm working on would
otherwise be a serious PITA. And I'd rather avoid using Doxygen for it
as it's much easier to deal with quickbook directly. Ultimately I want
to be able to:

===
[import boost/predef/*.h]
[import boost/predef/*/*.h]
[import boost/predef/*/*/*.h]
===

And have all the documentation that's embedded in those source files
injected into the quickbook stream. Without me having to maintain what
the files are, or what they contain.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything