Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-18 11:49:43

On 18 October 2011 12:37, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> PS Just to give a concrete example of a reference section, I attach a snip of a newly generated item
> from a reference section by a GSoC 2011 project's docs Checks C++ Reference Section.  You will see
> the (rather terse) info passed through (as well as the synopsis).

Template Parameters:
iteration_sense - must meet the iteration_sense concept requirement

First, it should be possible to safely assume taht the right naming
convention is used,
so the name of template parameter indicates that it must meet certain
requirements.
IOW, user should not expect to see loose and random naming

template <typename T1, typename T2, typename T2)
modulus10_algorithm

unless T1, T2 and T3 are specific concept names.

Now, if the template parameter links to documentation of corresponding
concept where the concept is defined
The whole section "Template Parameters" is useless and, in all my
incapability, I have tried to point it.

Otherwise, there will be plenty of repeated "Template Parameters"
sections (or repeated entries)
and user won't get the picture that they are related in any way.

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org