Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-18 13:45:17

On 18 October 2011 14:23, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]

True. It also touches matter of style and personal preferences, unfortunately.

>> template <typename T1, typename T2, typename T2) modulus10_algorithm
>>
>> unless T1, T2 and T3 are specific concept names.
>>
>> Now, if the template parameter links to documentation of corresponding concept where the concept is
>> defined The whole section "Template Parameters" is useless and, in all my incapability, I have tried to point it.
>>
>> Otherwise, there will be plenty of repeated "Template Parameters" sections (or repeated entries)
>
> Does that duplication matter?

It does not matter as long as it's linked to related concept, IMO.

> When you are faced with a template in a *reference* section ,
> I feel you should be able to get to where it is described, not have to find the concept first.

Yes, but one-liner is usually good when you re-refer to the reference.
When one reads it for first time, one-liner is not enough and there
should be link to more comprehensive
documentation about parameter.

>> and user won't get the picture that they are related in any way.
>
> OK - so it could or should refer to a common concepts definition.

Yes, I've tried to lay down this requirement, but I (mis)called it convention.

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org