Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-24 07:52:00

On 10/23/2011 4:10 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> Really, you intend to require brackets around every paragraph? Or do I
> misunderstand your meaning?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I envision the template engine as a
separate tool. It's scope goes beyond documentation. It can
be a powerful yet minimal stand-alone text generation engine.
You can use it as-is or have a preprocessor such as that which
processes wiki-wiki style docs.

The wiki-style markup can be a front-end that generates pure
templates. Another front-end can process program code and syntax
coloration and also outputs pure template code. So we have,
for example:

   wiki-recognizer > code-extractor > template-engine > backend

This modularization makes it more powerful and highly customizable
and of course reusable.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman