Re: [Boost-docs] How to start Quickbook lists items with a new paragraphs

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] How to start Quickbook lists items with a new paragraphs
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-01 18:03:45

On 1 November 2011 17:50, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Obviously I don't fully understand how it works internally (or externally in BoostBook) but it seems
> to making life difficult for the user!
>
> Is the problem the spacing in the 'definition' of HTML para?
>
> Or should I just stop fighting it?

HTML paragraphs usually have a single line margin before and after.
You can use css to change that.

Not having line breaks is a docbook limitation, strictly speaking
docbook only has line breaks in a command synopsis. See:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/sbr.html

But they seem to work okay elsewhere, so they're used for quickbook's
'br' element with a single warning (which isn't as bad as the pages of
warning that the documentation used to generate).