Re: [Boost-docs] Using Quickbook for TR2 proposals?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Using Quickbook for TR2 proposals?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-29 17:28:05

Le 29/11/11 18:07, Beman Dawes a écrit :
> Presumably, several Boost developers will be working on TR2 proposals
> soon, and Quickbook seems like it might be an attractive way to create
> and maintain those proposals as they go through the committee process.
>
> In particular, I'd like to maintain a single source for reference
> documentation. Since I already follow the standard library's
> conventions for specifications, the textual differences like different
> namespaces should be easy to cope with using quickbook macros and
> conditions.
Yes, this is a good idea.
> Is the FAQ "Can I use QuickBook for non-Boost documentation?" entry
> the best place to start?
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/doc/html/quickbook/faq.html
>
> It might be helpful if we could put together an example for generating
> TR2 proposals.
I'm a simple user of quickbook. It will be great to have some templates
that match the standard structure and format.

> Is Quickbook a reasonable approach?
I like quikbook, but I don't know if there is something already ready to
write standard proposals.
I don't know if this is possible, can we format parts of the document
that have been removed, added?

Best,
Vicente