Re: [Boost-docs] Sample TR2 library proposal using Quickbook

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Sample TR2 library proposal using Quickbook
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-15 06:26:31

On 1/14/2012 5:38 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 14 January 2012 06:47, Rene Rivera<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> (Warning the web server seems to do something with the encoding that it
>> shouldn't be doing. So some chars are messed up).
>
> It serves html with the mime-type 'text/html; charset=UTF-8' which
> overrides the mime type in the file. I fixed this problem in boostbook
> by setting 'chunker.output.encoding' to US-ASCII, which is often a
> good idea for generated html (it typically only adds a few bytes to
> the file and is generally more robust).

OK.. Since I'm not using the chunker (it's the onehtml template).. I
instead changed the template to set the encoding to UTF-8 (didn't find a
way to set it through a parameter). Which matches the server, and seems
more useful in general anyway.

I also made more style changes and generation changes. It's now almost
done (except for typing in the rest of the content). Only caveat is that
for this to work it requires:

* the latest Quickbook, 1.6
* the latest Docbook XSL, 1.76.1
* so far only works with the onehtml format
* the CSS is specific to the proposal (as it's keyed to the section ID)
* the CSS lives inside an XML shell doc :-(

(( For a language and tool that is meant for text transformations. XSLT
makes for a horrid system at doing file I/O. Since it can only deal with
one file format. ))

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything