[Boost-docs] Why not use the xml catalog in Linux?

Subject: [Boost-docs] Why not use the xml catalog in Linux?
From: Philipp Thomas (pth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-29 10:10:14

Trying to build the boost documentation on openSUSE fails because the
stylesheets are in /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/current (a
symlink to the current version) and not in
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh where boost.book searches. This
begs the question why you check that at all on Linux. All standard stylesheets and
dtds can be found via the catalog so /etc/xml/catalog is the only thing that
needs to be referenced besides the boost.book specific stuff.

Being not very familiar with JAM (boost is the only package I maintain for
SLES/openSUSE that uses it), how would I have to change boostbook.jam in
order to conditionally not use docbook-xsl-dir and docbook-dtd-dir?

Currently I simply use the attached patch for boostbook.jam but that doesn't
make it conditional on OS.

Philipp