[Boost-docs] [quickbook and boostbook] sections and pages

Subject: [Boost-docs] [quickbook and boostbook] sections and pages
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-17 09:39:51

Dear quickbook/boostbook wizards,

I'm fooling around with sections and it struck me that only the
top-level sections are isolated on separate pages. How can I let
quickbook/boostbook/bjam know that I want the subsections to be on
separate pages as well?

My Jamfile:

> using quickbook ;
> xml main : main.qbk ;
> boostbook html : main ;

main.qbk:

> [library MyLib
> [quickbook 1.5]
> [/...]
> ]
>
> [section First section]
> [/...]
>
> [section Subsection 1A]
> [/...]
> [endsect]
>
> [section Subsection 1B]
> [/...]
> [endsect]
>
> [endsect]
>
> [section Second section]
> [/...]
>
> [section Subsection 2A]
> [/...]
> [endsect]
>
> [endsect]

The resulting table of contents (as I want it):

> First section
> Subsection 1A
> Subsection 1B
> Second section
> Subsection 2A

The generated pages (not as I want it):

> first_section.html
> second_section.html

How I'd want the pages to be generated:

> first_section.html
> subsection_1a.html
> subsection_1b.html
> second_section.html
> subsection_2a.html

This is, by the way, a type of information I'd expect to find in the
quickbook or boostbook documentation. Unfortunately neither provides
any clue on how paging can be adjusted.

Hopefully somebody can help me out... thanks in advance.

-Julian