Re: [Boost-docs] Reference to overloaded function from quickbook to doxygen

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Reference to overloaded function from quickbook to doxygen
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-16 14:48:55

Thank you for your answer.

It does not seem like overload is helping in this case. The documentation of doxygen indicates that this might be used for overloaded *member* functions, so maybe this is the reason (using 1.8.6 BTW). The XML produced does not show any key that would enable the distinction of these 3 overloads, even with this keyword.

Right now I am writing all overloads in the quickbook doc. This is a pity as the added value of doxygen here is to have the API doc in sync with the code.
As far as I remember, I saw in the past some doc in boost that are including the source code in the quickbook and are putting quickbook tags in it, and at the same time defining a macro that prevents doxygen from parsing the already documented content.
I think this is really getting into an infinite loop and very hard to maintain in the long term.

I liked your idea of defining every overloads in one place. But in that case, the “overload” keyword is useless I think.

Best,
Raffi Enficiaud