Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] svg image and width/height specifications

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] svg image and width/height specifications
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-27 17:51:14

On 27/10/2015 12:34, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to include an SVG to the documentation.
>
> The first question is if this is supported by quickbook (I know this
> is supported in the browsers/html, but my question is more oriented
> toward the other formats).

Yes, Math lib is using it.
> The second question is how to specify the width. I use the [width xxx]
> attribute of the image, and it looks like there is a problem in the
> generated HTML.
>
> The following quickbook code
> [$images/boost_runtime_list_content.svg [width 80%]]
>
> is rendered to

> data="../../../images/boost_runtime_list_content.svg" width="1665"
> height="745"></object></span>
>
> I do not know where the 1665/745 come from, and why I have both the
> width and height. When I remove the height and put width="80%",
> everything is rendered as I want.
>
> I tried several alternatives according to the docbook documentation,
> but I wasn't very successful so far.

I'm pretty sure this is a docbook issue - it has a habit of extracting
the width and height from the within the SVG image and adding this to
the generated HTML. I've no idea why, and not had much luck getting it
to generate anything else. Might be related to the HTML version being
generated?

John.