Re: [Boost-docs] [poly_collection] Doc not being automatically built

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [poly_collection] Doc not being automatically built
From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-07 07:00:45

El 06/06/2017 a las 23:39, Steven Watanabe via Boost-docs escribió:
> AMDG
>
> On 06/06/2017 03:07 PM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost-docs wrote:
>> <snip>
>> Help again... This is how the jamfile looks like
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/poly_collection/blob/develop/doc/Jamfile.v2
>>
>> Shared doc building has already cycled through this:
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/doc/html/poly_collection/an_efficient_polymorphic_data_st.html
>>

>> but the images won't show. I have looked for this img directory, unable
>> to find it anywhere
>> below http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/doc/
>>
> "alias boostdoc : poly_collection : : <dependency>images_boostdoc ;"
>
> Try adding one more ':' before the <dependency>.
> The interaction between <dependency> and alias is
> a bit strange, so you need to put it in the usage-requirements

That did it! Thanks anyone for your help. I'm so glad it's over now and
hope won't
ever touch this again in my lifetime :-)

On a more serious note, Boost tools such as b2, Quickbook etc. and the
integration
mechanisms around documentation, regression testing, submoduling... feel
like an
arcane science without sensible references: I (and I guess many other
authors) resort
to copy and pasting from what predecessors did in the past without really
understanding what's going on. I wonder how much of an entry barrier
this is for
potential new Boost authors.

Joaquín M López Muñoz