Re: [Boost-gil] Preferred line length

Subject: Re: [Boost-gil] Preferred line length
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-12 19:07:45

On 11 April 2018 at 21:51, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Can we try to settle the preferred line length in GIL source code?

I propose to move the line length/column limit issue forward
andagree to use the length of 90 characte rs.

I think it is a good compromise:
- is close enough to the historic 80
- is not too long lines
- should allow enough space for a templated code
- takes today's big screens and high resolutions into account

A small proof attached (I hope it will make it through).

Based on the responses so far, I assume the motion passed
without objections.

====
The 2 vs 4 spaces indentation can be agreed a bit later, based on real
examples after we get used to the 90-char limit and see which option
will work with it best.

As we go, we could gradually worked out some common .clang-format.
eg. https://zed0.co.uk/clang-format-configurator/ is good to see how
bitsof code look with different indentation etc.

Best regards,