[Boost-gil] Preferred line length

Subject: [Boost-gil] Preferred line length
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-11 19:51:51

Hi,

Can we try to settle the preferred line length in GIL source code?

Current style varies from file to file, even from chunk to chunk
within a single file. Often, there are unindented lines,
overdose of whitespaces, etc.

I know this may not be the right moment to attempt style refactoring,
but I think it would be nice to have at least some style reference
that will hold in future.
For example, while editing one-liners like this:

void set_unsafe(integer_t value) const {
this->set_data((this->get_data() & ~channel_mask) | (( static_cast<
BitField >( value )<<FirstBit))); }

Since the GIL code is highly templated, I'd like to point out at
two examples of recommendations derived from the official
Boost guidelines, as possibly ready to steal and adopt:
- Boost.Spirit - https://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/notes/style_guide.html
- Boost.Geometry -
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/wiki/Guidelines-for-Developers

Best regards,