Subject: Re: Travis variant=ubsan_undefined are now failing
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-23 11:12:57

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 11:08, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Something has got broken near Boost.Function or Boost.Test indeed
> https://github.com/boostorg/function/pull/29
> and GIL builds are being affected.
> [...]
> The situation is quite annoying and it may take time to resolve.
> Meanwhile, I suggest we stick variant=ubsan_undefined jobs
> to the Allowed Failures section.

Or, forget the modular Boost maintenance guideline [1] to

"develop and test individual Boost library against other Boost libraries as
defined by the Boost super-project master branch"
[1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md

and recommend to test against Boost super-project develop branch.

In fact, that is what Peter Dimov recommended me on Slack.

Here is why we should switch the test against to develop

https://github.com/boostorg/function/pull/29#issuecomment-432189323

If we agree to do it, then we will have to

in GIL repository:
- update .travis.yml, .appveyor.yml and .circleci/circle.yml
- update [1]

in local clones, it may be required to start over: clean up and switch

git clean -xfd
git submodule foreach --recursive git clean -xfd
git reset --hard
git submodule foreach --recursive git reset --hard
git checkout develop
git pull
git submodule update --init --recursive --jobs 8

Comments?

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners