Subject: Re: [GSOC 2019] [Draft] Proposal by Olzhas Zhumabek - Epipolar geometry
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-02 19:06:52

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 17:14, Olzhas Zhumabek
<anonymous.from.applecity_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Since most of the migration of TMP part of the library done,

Correct.

> more well researched algorithms proposed by Miral Shirah, I thought I could propose
> some new area that the library doesn't have support for yet. I've taken a
> quick glance around the library and haven't found any tools for epipolar
> geometry.

Sounds very interesting. A completely new field to me though.

> I'm taking a video lecture course on the topic

Could you share a link?

> The *list of things that I would to implement* are as following:
>
> - Algorithm for finding fundamental matrix

Do you know if there are any applications of the fundamental
matrix outside the epipolar geometry?
If there are, perhaps its implementation could go straight to GIL's core.

> I will add/remove/expand some items as I move on and gather more
> information.
>
> So I have the following questions:
>
> Is anybody working on this?

No, I'm not aware of anyone.