From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-06 21:34:07

On 19-06-06 17:14:24, stefan wrote:

>On 2019-06-06 4:57 p.m., Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 at 22:20, stefan <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>So, to keep things simple, I suggested Miral and Olzhas to unify our workflows
>>and consider both, Miral's and Olzhas' as "duplicates" (it also makes easier
>>to provide them with hand in using git, etc.).
>>This all we discussed on Gitter during the first days of GSoC.
>
>Seems I missed all that. Sorry. (To be honest, I was never a big fan
>of the requirement to have all the repos be part of a single org. The
>above limitation just drives this home even more strongly.

I joined Boost GSoC for the first time, so I followed the instructions I was
receiving, no questions asked. It also seemed useful to keep GSoC projects
organized in 'folders' per year. However, the GitHub limitation of a single
fork is a problem indeed.

>>Now, keeping up the notion of "duplicate" for both, there is no shortcut really
>>for submitting PR with completed features to develop in upstream.
>>
>>Or, do you see a better way?
>
>What if Olzhas forgets (ignores) his BoostGSoC19 duplicate and works
>directly out of his own fork ? I don't really mind...whatever is
>simplest for him, so long as I can help and play my mentoring role...

Sure, I don't mind either.
If Miral would prefer to switch to her private fork, I'm happy to agree.

The only question I have is what is source branch in student/gil of PR submitted to
develop in upstream report? This question is quite important to consider w.r.t.
maintenance of safety and history of develop branch.

Best regards,

Fingerprint=C081 EA1B 4AFB 7C19 38BA  9C88 928D 7C2A BB2A C1F2

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners