From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-26 18:48:30

On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 at 17:25, Miral Shah <miralshah2211_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Till now in GSoC different thresholding methods are implemented as part of
> my project. Now as we are entering the last phase of the GSoC there are a
> few tasks remaining from my proposal for GSoC. Implementing 2D convolution
> functions and kernel is a major task on which I will start working from now
> as suggested by Mateusz Łoskot.

Miral, yes I suggested you to sort your TODO list according to decreasing
complexity and pick the first item (most complex) first.

Please, give an overview of what you are planning to implement as
part of the 2D convolution and kernels.
GIL already provides related features. Olzhas has contributed some
more. It would be good to list exactly what is planned to be added.

I'd suggest to open a new issue "[gsoc2019] 2D convolution and kernels"
and outline your plan there.

> As there is a few discussion about moving numeric extension to GIL core,
> Where should I add these new functions and classes related to convolution?
> in numeric extension with existing related code or somewhere else?

Good question. Let's wait for Stefan to confirm his plans.

I also think we need to know more about what is planned to decide where it goes.
One possible scenario I see is this: until Stefan moves the numeric features
to core features, you will keep adding your new features to the numeric.

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners