From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-12 07:30:22

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 at 07:25, Olzhas Zhumabek
<anonymous.from.applecity_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 3. Create adaptor interface for convolution_2d using image_view, to solve
> circular test dependency problem (by copying the image_view contents into
> kernel_2d)

This is a bit unclear to me.
Where is the dependency issue?

First, I'm still not entirely convinced about use of image_view as
a kernel. I don't see clear and strong advantages.

One disadvantage I can see is potential of users/newbies confusion
about potentially too wide spectrum of applications of image_view.
(Some may argue that a thing that can do everything,
can do nothing well :))

If there is a functionality missing from our kernel types,
perhaps we should improve it there, instead of using image_view.

> 4. Rewrite examples to use the new functionality

Any new functionality should also be covered by tests.

Regarding the rest of your plan, it looks good and I don't have anything
to add. I will leave the review of details to Stefan.

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners