From: Olzhas Zhumabek (anonymous.from.applecity_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-13 05:06:46

> This is a bit unclear to me.
> Where is the dependency issue?

 Tests of gradient computation will rely on numeric if kernel_2d is used as
kernel type. And IIRC numeric relies on core passing, does it not? If not,
I guess there is no issue, just a bit of weirdness.

The bug itself got in because I relied on code that was not tested and was
not even a feature on it's own. I would like to fix that by introducing
that feature formally into one of the existing headers in image_processing
folder and adding tests. Then rewriting the examples to use tested code (so
it will be a sequence of tested commands).

If there is a functionality missing from our kernel types,
> perhaps we should improve it there, instead of using image_view.

Without the dependency question, there is no issue. In fact, I could move
the existing functionality that uses image_view to kernel_2d, but then I
will break Miral's code that relies on generation of those kernels.

Best,
Olzhas

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners