From: Pranam Lashkari (plashkari628_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-13 12:00:31

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:16 PM Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 2020 at 15:05, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> If I want a histogram of grey levels, I should not be forced to deal with
> any multi-dimensional structure, any matrix.
> I should be able to get a histogram in as simple form as
> std::array<int, 256> or std::vector<int> or similar,
> that is objects with minimal necessary interfaces
> and optimal memory management
> without unrelated 2-dimensional bloat.

Currently, looking at the other image processing algorithms in the GIL,
most of them have an implementation for a single channel(i.e: grayscale)
and then this is extended to work with multi-channel by iterating over the
channels. Right now, we have so many questions, so why not to do the same
with histogram too? will make things simpler and also as we'd have some
basic implementation we'll know where to take things further.

Thank you,
Pranam Lashkari

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners