From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-25 13:32:38

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 22:39, Debabrata Mandal
<mandaldebabrata123_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> This mail/thread is primarily dedicated to summarise my work done during
> GSoC'20. This mail is meant to provide some final updates to my mentors,
> Mateusz Loskot and Pranam Lashkari, since this is the beginning of the last
> few days to the end of GSoC'20.
>
> 1. I opened PRs for all the algorithms that I had implemented and had
> produced results for. I have added tests, and comments (both inline and
> doxygen) to the code wherever necessary.

I have collected all your PRs under the GitHub project
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/projects/7

By the way, everyone interested is encouraged to have a look at our
GSoC PRs, post comments, ask questions.

> 3. I will be working on completing the docs for the next couple of days to
> cover almost all the new features through clean and easy to read docs.

Great, I really appreciate your focus on writing docs.
The docs is one of the major areas where GIL is lacking, especially for
new users who feel intimidated by the idea of reading and learning
from the source code.

> 4. Finally, I was not able to complete all the points that I had mentioned
> in the proposal. For example, I was unable to add a print functionality to
> the histogram class. I could add a crude alternative for the time being but
> that would do nobody any good. That is why I have shifted attention to the
> docs for now. Please suggest if that was not the right move.

I think that functionality is not essential, so it was the right move.

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners