From: prathamesh tagore (prathameshtagore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-06-27 14:03:57

Summary of today's discussion with Olzhas related to optimization in 2D
correlation :
1. Olzhas will review this(
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/Improve_buffer_update/include/boost/gil/extension/numeric/convolve_novel.hpp)
version and share his opinion on it by today evening.
2. I will investigate Opencv's modifications based on kernel dimensions in
2D correlation.
3. We will look for a suitable way for adjusting our implementation with
cache size of user's system.
Note : Current version does not includes cache specific modifications and
is completely hardware independent.
4. I will document my current approach (probably in the form of a
flowchart) for future reference.