From: prathamesh tagore (prathameshtagore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-07-12 18:16:27

Week 5 (5/07/21 - 12/07/21)
1. Investigated different tools for memory(most significantly cache)
monitoring as instructed by Olzhas. I tried my hand on Vtune, perf and
valgrind among which I think perf would suit our needs.
2.This(https://github.com/meshtag/gil/tree/Improve_buffer_update/benchmark)
is the directory containing recorded cache misses and other useful data for
2D correlation with Gil's original implementation, opencv's implementation
and my best version(as of now).
3. Also sketched a naive vectorized version(
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/93b0e88a921de65b04d4f52fbd8604ff1718ef8a/include/boost/gil/extension/numeric/convolve_novel.hpp#L89)
for the purpose of experimentation.
4. I intend to add remaining features (boundary handling, variable anchor
point, separable convolution etc. ) from week 7 after trying everything we
can for optimization during week 6.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 10:39 PM prathamesh tagore <
prathameshtagore_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This thread will contain weekly updates for my work during coding period
> of GSoC 2021.

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners