From: prathamesh tagore (prathameshtagore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-07-19 17:01:28

Week 6(12/07/21-19/07/21) :
1. Added benchmarks for some edge cases as suggested by Olzhas. The
benchmark file is here(
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/Improve_buffer_update/benchmark/celero/convolve_2d.cpp
).
2. Proposed a way for checking if a 2D kernel is separable and separating
it(if possible). Related file is here(
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/Improve_buffer_update/test/extension/numeric/separable_kernel.cpp
).
3. Added some test cases for checking previously developed 2D correlation
implementation. The related file is here(
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/Improve_buffer_update/test/extension/numeric/convolve_2d.cpp).
I intend to add some more test cases and restructure this file in the
coming week so that we can run tests on all image types using mp11. Similar
to this (
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/Improve_buffer_update/test/extension/numeric/convolve_rows.cpp)
file.
4. Created the basic interface for 2D convolution and 2D correlation. Both
of these operations were separated as proposed. I intend to use an
implementation of correlator instead of std::inner_product() similar to
Gil's 1D convolution implementation. Related file is present here(
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/09af7bd6175a1e8258266c92eef00318d41e28c4/include/boost/gil/extension/numeric/convolve.hpp#L379
).

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 10:39 PM prathamesh tagore <
prathameshtagore_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This thread will contain weekly updates for my work during coding period
> of GSoC 2021.

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners