From: Olzhas Zhumabek (anonymous.from.applecity_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-07-30 17:09:33

During GSoC 2021, Prathamesh implemented better versions of 2D convolution
and correlation. We would like to write some tests for the most popular
cases, like Lenna's portrait. We need to store them somewhere, preferably
outside git.

I believe we could store them in Git LFS, but I am not sure if it is a
good idea. I think that the 1GB limit that github imposes is sufficient.
The drawbacks are being a bit hard to use, being another software
dependency to test the library, Shall we ask this on cpplang slack?

The other issue is the license. Does anybody know if Lenna's portrait is
free to be redistributed in the way we want? Are there any other popular
use images that could cause trouble? Lenna's image is used everywhere,
doesn't seem like it is causing trouble, yet I think it is a good idea to
stay out of trouble.

Best,
Olzhas

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners