From: prathamesh tagore (prathameshtagore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-07-26 17:24:38

Week 7(19/07/21-26/07/21)
1. Wrote custom correlators for both types of 2D kernels present in Gil.
Related code is here (
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/a869bccd530395493b6074f4c0776df637d03022/include/boost/gil/extension/numeric/algorithm.hpp#L231
)
2. Completely aligned 2D convolution and correlation APIs with their 1D
counterparts.
3. Previously, I was extending row and column boundaries using native APIs
present in Gil(extend_row(), extend_col()). This was inefficient from the
point of view of space complexity. To tackle this issue, I did a major
change in buffer filling mechanism. Now, we do not need to actually
increase the size of the image for boundary extrapolation.
4. Changes mentioned in point 3 will also take care of variable anchor
point position.
Changes mentioned in points 2, 3 and 4 can be found in this file(
https://github.com/meshtag/gil/blob/Boundary_handling/include/boost/gil/extension/numeric/convolve.hpp
).

Things I am currently working on :
1. As of now, "extend_zero" is the only boundary option provided, I am
trying to add remaining boundary options.
2. Previously developed algorithm for separable convolution doesn't work
when the anchor point is changed from the center of the kernel to any other
position. I am trying to find a fix for that.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 10:39 PM prathamesh tagore <
prathameshtagore_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This thread will contain weekly updates for my work during coding period
> of GSoC 2021.

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners