Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] [EXTERNAL] PING: Another patch request
From: Daniela Engert (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-06 12:00:03

Am 06.02.2014 15:04 schrieb Marshall Clow:

>>> I got the mail, but there wasn't a patch attached, otherwise I would've
>>> looked at it.
>> IIRC, the oddly named GitHub "Gist" mechanism gives us a place to put
>> patches if passing them around as attachments is too cumbersome.
>>
>> could document how this works. I'm totally tied up for the
>>
> If someone else wants to document it, that would be great.

Well, what's wrong with good ol' pull requests? This mechanism seems to
work really well and I've been following this path a few times in the
recent past when contributing to signals2 (Frank Mori Hess) and
program_options (Vladimir Prus). Once you've opened a pull request from
a feature branch in your repository clone, you can discuss it, refine
it, and rebase it to 'develop' head until it's ready to be merged to
'develop'.

Ciao
Dani

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org