Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] [EXTERNAL] [boost] Process for the Community Maintenance Team
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-22 08:33:14

On 5/15/2014 9:54 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2014, at 10:10 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/27/2014 6:58 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>>> Hi Marshal,

>>> Thanks for setting this up and getting the ball rolling!
>>>
>>> I'm going to work on this Boost.PropertyMap ticket:
>>>
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6954
>>>
>>> Since one of your CMT goals is:
>>>
>>> Also, a long term goal of the CMT is to find maintainers for these
>>> libraries.
>>>
>>> I volunteer to maintain the property map library.
>>
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
>> Jeremiah Willcock had been maintaining the property_map library. Have
>> you taken over that task from him ?
>
> I doubt it, I just know it's sort of languished and know there's
> changes in there I want to make and others I want to merge to master.
>
>> When Stephen Kelly was making changes in Boost, I had a long e-mail
>> discussion with Jeremiah Willcock about separating property_map and
>> the parallel property maps since I do not believe that including
>> property_map.hpp should bring in all the dependencies to parallel
>> property maps. I believe he made those changes, which are now part of
>> 'develop' on property_map but they have never been merged to 'master'.
>
> Great, eliminating dependencies from parallel is a good thing. My plan
> is to get these merged in the next couple of days (before the next
> release).

Maybe you can talk directly to Jeremiah Willcock via e-mail if you are
also working on property map. I am sure he would like to know whoever
else is working to make changes in the library. If you need his e-mail
address just send a message directly to me and I will send it to you.

Edward Diener

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org