Boost logo

Boost-MPI :

Subject: Re: [Boost-mpi] Questions regarding MPI C++ bindings
From: Alain O Miniussi (alain.miniussi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-26 09:50:32

On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 09:27 -0500, Matthias Troyer wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Alain O Miniussi <alain.miniussi_at_oca.eu> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> Is the dependency on the OpenMPI C++ library really a problem for you? Have you tried building OpenMPI without C++ support (--disable-mpi-cxx). Does that solve your problem?

No, it is not a problem for me. I stumbled on the issue because of a
user of mine who probably used a weird/incomplete configuration for it's
boost/mpi packages (I suspect the mpi/c++ package is optional on his
platform).

> If not the cleanest solution might be to add an option to the ""using mpi ..." bjam command that enables or disables the C++ bindings. I have to admit that I'm not an expert in Boost.Build though. That part was done by Doug Gregor. Do we have a Boost.Build expert here or shall I try to find someone to help us?

I am not an expert myself, I can look into it if nobody shows up, but it
will limited to the platform(s) I have access to (linux/openmpi).

Alain

--
Alain Miniussi
Responsable Tech. Centre de Calcul Haute Performance

Boost-Commit list run by troyer at boostpro.com