Boost logo

Boost-MPI :

Subject: Re: [Boost-mpi] multiple irecv tests failure with MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE
From: Roy Hashimoto (roy.hashimoto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-14 09:41:45

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Roy Hashimoto <roy.hashimoto_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I'm trying to queue multiple irecv requests but they seem to be failing in
> request::test() with a MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE from OpenMPI:

I believe that I have narrowed this problem down to multiple asynchronous
transfers using the same tag. I have attached another test program that
shows that transferring std::string with different tags works, but using
the same tag results in MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE. Transferring an MPI native type
works for both cases.

If performing multiple transfers with the same tag is a legal operation
(which I have not been able to verify), then I think there may be a bug in
boost::mpi.

Thanks,
Roy

Boost-Commit list run by troyer at boostpro.com