Boost logo

Boost-MPI :

Subject: [Boost-mpi] missing const
From: Alain Miniussi (alain.miniussi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-17 08:27:03

Hi,

I have an HOMOGENEOUS specific problem on master (which is probably why
it went unnoticed so far).

https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/commit/e6a31170ea3eebe54dae3ad9afe4817c2c6f9cea

seems to be missing a few const, for example in:

void load_override(archive::version_type & t, int version){

As a result, some calls are resolved to the gneral:
template<class T>
   void save_override(T const& x, int version)

In homogeneous mode, that means that the objet loading (which is not
concerned with const) will look for the "real" data in a shifted
position (since int and archive::version_type do not have the same size,
plus some of those data are sometime ignored).

I have a few test failures in master/BOOST_MPI_HOMOGENEOUS as a result.

I'm looking into it and propose to push them to master once the test passes.

Develop is already fixed in that reagrd, but based on a different
version of serialization.

Alain

Boost-Commit list run by troyer at boostpro.com