Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Stephen W. Carson (StephenC_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-05 11:06:16

    My first attempt to run the regressions against CodeWarrior on the
Mac didn't get very far.

    I ran "python regression.py --runner=Dirxion --toolsets=cw" and,
eventually, got "Unknown toolset" from build.sh when it tried to build
bjam even though "cw" is on the list of supported toolsets:
http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html#Tools

    (build.sh says that it can only handle "acc, como, darwin, gcc,
intel-linux, kcc, kylix, mipspro, sunpro, tru64cxx, vacpp" which is a
rather smaller list than the toolsets that the web page lists as
supported. Why do these lists differ?!?)

    To build my confidence I went ahead and did a darwin run and you can
see those results on the web site today. (Also, I've already updated my
comments.html to be more informative).

    One more question, John Maddock suggested that I give the different
toolset runs a "different identifier name"? What does he mean? The way
the tables look it seems like I should use "--runner=Dirxion" for both
darwin and CodeWarrior and the results will be differentiated by the
differing toolset identifiers. Is there something else I should do to
differentiate the results from the two compilers?

--
Stephen W. Carson, Software Engineer
DirXion Software in St. Louis, MO

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com